Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Adult


This is the adult butterfly of the Two Tailed Pasha butterfly ( Charaxes jasius ). Isn't it pretty? They live in Europe and it's the largest butterfly in Europe. They are many different species and sub-species of this butterfly. It's one of my favorites. I love the caterpillars of these butterflies. They look soooooooooooooooo cute. I hope to see one ( both larvæ and adult ) in person someday. Owl butterfly caterpillars look like the Charaxes species of caterpillars but they have 2 "horns" instead of 4 and they're smaller if I'm not mistaken. I found some other Charaxes species today while doing a Google search for pictures of both the adults and larvae. I also found a bunch of sub species of C. smaragdalis too. Here are the 3 species that I found out about today:

Charaxes jasius

Charaxes smaragdalis

Charaxes latona


I'll post some pics tomorrow.




No comments: