Monday, February 12, 2007

Assassin Spiders

Assassin Spiders are some of the most strangest creatures I ever came across on the internet. I remember coming across an article on them via an insect forum I'm a member of. At first I thought it was some kind of joke when I first saw a picture of one of the nine newly discovered species of Assassin spiders. They said "Nine newly discovered species of Assassin Spiders". So does that mean that they're others out there?

If so how come I've never heard of them until now? I remember thinking that and so many other questions in my mind when I found out about them late last year. After reading the article about them I went crazy trying to find out as much as possible about these spiders. ( This includes pics ). When I did get search results they had only 2 pictures of them. One of them was repeated like a 1000 times and the other one only a few.

This site has a pic of one holding it's pray which is obviously another spider hence its name. So today I decided to go fishing for some more info on them since it's been months since they've been discovered. I found pretty much the same things about them. I want to know about the other species ( if they're are any ) that were apparently "known" before the discovery of the 9 new species.

Any one out there that has further info on these awesome spiders please let me know! Thank you!

No comments: