Saturday, October 20, 2007

I ♥ Neurothemis sp.


They're so pretty! They're some of the prettiest dragonflies I've laid my eyes on. The one pictured is Neurothemis tullia and Wikipedia says:

"The Pied Paddy Skimmer ( Neurothemis tullia ) is a species of dragonfly found in South India. It is fairly common, with a black body and black and white wings with transparent tips."

- Wikipedia

Seriously I want to know more but there doesn't seem to be much on them. Another one that I like is Neurothemis ramburi which is similar to N. terminata. Another beautiful dragonfly. And luckily there's some decent info on N. fluctuans too which I'm happy about:

http://www.treknature.com/gallery/Asia/Singapore/photo134474.htm


Hee hee hee! n_n It has a nice picture of the male too. And then there's one more that I know about which I'm going to see if there's any info on them or pics and get back to you. In the mean time enjoy them.

No comments: