Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Short-lined Kite Swallowtail Protographium agesilaus

I was originally looking for info Protographium marchandi but I couldn't find anything other then what's in 100 Butterflies and Moths.

And I'll be damned if I go posting copyrighted material. I don't want to be sued. :P Another problem was finding images of P. marchandi. The only one that would come up is one that's been preserved/pinned down in some damn collection.

And those kinds of photos don't really do this gorgeous butterfly justice. In the book 100 butterflies and moths it's number 56.

So I'd suggest you buy it from B&N or Amazon. Sorry.

So I had to settle for one of the other Protographium species. Don't get me wrong they're all beautiful butterflies but there doesn't seem to be much info on these.....I'll keep looking.

This is the first of many Papilionid entries to come.

Books: 100 Butterflies and Moths

No comments: