Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Chalcid Wasps


Isn't it cute?

I saw one similar to this one today crawling on one of the windows of the lobby. Idk what species it was or if it was even placed in a genius ( it most likely is known to science though ).

All I know is that it was A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E! *Happy Squee* ^.^

And for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about it and that has never happened before. Damn.....I think they might be brainwashing me....XD

That was the only bug I saw today but it was welcomed with open arms. Never mind the fact that they are parasites and lay their eggs in and on a number of insects and their eggs, larvae, and pupae. No completely ignore the fact. *Evil grin*

So it's quite unfortunate that there isn't alot on this family of wasps because they have some very pretty and interesting looking species.

I'm going to see if I can find out what species or genius the one I saw today is in.

Wish me luck! I'll let you know if I find anything!

No comments: