Sunday, July 11, 2010

Grapevine Epimenis - Pyschomorpha epimenis

This isn't a butterfly. It's a moth. That's the first thing I should point out to you. Funnily enough when I was searching for additional info on these that's one of the things pointed out that it's often mistaken for a butterfly.

Smh....this isn't the first time the internet has more or less "read my mind" so to speak. Anyway what do I know about these personally? Only that they're *GORGEOUS* and if I had seen one I would mistake it for a butterfly until I got a closer look.

Unfortunately they're not found around here. So I'd have to go upstate or down ( as they can be found in Florida and Texas ) to see them.

I don't particularly mind as I have plans to go to Texas someday for completely different reasons ( SELENA! ) though but the insect appeal is also a bonus. :P

While searching for info I came across the guide page from bugguide here.

Any more info ( still searching ) I'll post here. For now this is it. Enjoy.

Bugs I saw today:

1 moth fly
1 transparent flying thing. Idk what it was. It's possible it could've been a moth fly of some sort.

But I really don't have a clue.

No comments: