Friday, July 23, 2010

Spiders

Cheiracanthium inclusum ( photo duh :P )

It's occurred to me that I haven't done any entries on our eight legged friends in quite a while. I think it's time to rectify that don't you?

Yes I think so too. One mystery spider of mine has been ID'd completely by accident. Oh boy I'm happy about that. There's still a couple on my mind that need to have an ID to their "face" but all in good time. All in good time.

My mystery spider I saw in Morning Side rolled up in a leaf. That to me is the first give away. How many spiders do you know of that do that?

Not too many that I know of. Any way I've kept you long enough.

Long Legged Sac Spiders
- Cheiracanthium sp.

I couldn't identify mine down to species but at least I know what kind it is. Also apparently there's been rumors and speculation that certain Cheiracanthium species are venomous. In other words poisonous enough to harm us

But there's been "evidence" against this which is mentioned on Bugguide on this page and this page on Cheiracanthium mildei. Since I don't know much about these I can't say much.

So I apologize. XD I'm going to get cracking on those articles soon.

No comments: