Friday, February 17, 2012

Winter Is Not Here At All



This is most definitely not normal. I'm speechless and full of joy. Can someone please confirm that today's date is indeed February 17th 2012?

Thank you. All of my calendars and things are saying that it is and yet, Miss Nature is disagreeing by sending me my little friends 2 months earlier. It was once again warmish out bright and happy. It was apparently making everything else happy too.

This was found underneath one of the many rocks I was looking under for epic creepy crawlies. I had taken it out to let it walk around more freely and to get better videos. I had gotten 2 this was the best of the 2.

The things I do for my little friends. The little bugger had me sitting on the ground (*Note to self: next time squat to avoid looking more like a crazy person. :P) possibly messing up my pants (it wouldn't be the first time and it sure won't be the last) trying to get videos of it. It was fast.

Along with that centipede were:

1 Millipede
Woodlice (Porcellio spinicornis)
2 black slugs
Earthworms (with eggs!?!!)
TONS of daffodils and newly sprung crocuses (purple)

Once again this cannot be normal.........What in blue blazes is going on here?

Cheers to early bug hunting!!

2 comments:

hermesonlinestore said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hermesonlinestore said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.